Friday, October 12, 2007

Man Up

This is my new favorite expression, although it's difficult for me to say with a straight face. Even in the ideal situation where it's absolutely warranted, I descend into giggles shortly after uttering the words. But I'll keep trying, because it so clearly and concisely tells someone to do the two things that are severely lacking in our society: (1) Take responsibility for your own actions and (2) Don't back down or shy away from something you want or have to do (in other words...grow some balls). There will always be excuses and procrastinating, but at some point enough is enough and action must be taken. I'm not suggesting that it be taken lightly, because one must be able to look back and defend it, but I'm so sick and tired of people who are unhappy with their lives and do nothing about it except blame other people or situations. Do I ever feel this way about myself? Of course. I'll give you one guess what I tell myself at that point. That's when I laugh the most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello people.

Just MAN UP!!!-{o