Saturday, May 3, 2008

Yikes

For months it has been tripping me out that I can say I have a five-year-old, and as of today I have a three-year-old too. The first thing this means is that an impossible amount of time has passed. The second, and more maddening, thing is the fact that there are now two little maniacs living in my house. Up until this point there was one maniac and one sweet boy, but in the last month Julien has turned into a growling, punching, Lego-gun-building, fit-throwing, "No"-screaming, scrunchy-faced monster. One of my many nicknames for him, Hooligan, is now sadly appropriate. As this transformation is undoubtedly not reversing itself anytime soon, and Riahna shows no signs of suddenly becoming a quiet, obedient angel-child, my only hope is that I'm able to maintain a calm and patient force to withstand their combined attacks. I'm in trouble.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww. Happy Birthday Jules! I can't elieve it either - just think, a few more days and I will say I have a 5 year old, 4 year old, 18 month old and...an infant. Holy Crap.