Thursday, November 1, 2007

November already?

Time has jumped into warp speed. Older friends have told me that the speed will just continue to increase with age, and that's a frightening thought. I know I don't make the most of so many moments as it is. Perhaps if I increase my efficiency to compensate? Now there's an improbable plan. Maybe just stop obsessing so much? Slightly less possible. I'm still upset about time I wasted five years ago. Just enjoy the fact that Christmas decorations are already invading the mall? Seriously, can't they just exercise a little patience and put up some paper turkeys? What makes Christmas so special (at least for atheists) is that it's only once a year--the Christmas season. But now it has taken over nearly all of autumn, and most of winter if you count the time it takes for some people to take down their lights. Too much of a good thing is never good. Except for the warm and fuzzy feeling that makes you want to sing carols and hug everybody you see. That's always a good thing--eggnog induced or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one is truly atheist we all inherently seek "god" weather that be in ourselves, money, family ties or something we don't understand (so we put some kind of magical, supernatural Deity on it). I say this because at one point in my life I put so much reliance on one thing that I had no responsibility in my actions good or bad at least in my mind. That is all, well mostly all different. I am responsible, but only my action not the action or reaction of others, although sometimes there is a blur.

one more thing

Happy Holidays I love 'em

Anonymous said...

ps Did someone say eggnog?