Monday, November 12, 2007

The easiest thing

Have you ever smiled as you passed by somebody and then been annoyed/disappointed/curious that they looked right at you and didn't smile back? Well, it has happened to me many times, and it's just plain rude. People often avoid getting involved in other people's lives, but this is taking it way too far. It's not an invitation or a commitment of any kind--it's just a smile. The easiest way to brighten someone's day just for the sake of doing it. There have certainly been days when a stranger's smile offered me inspiration and hope, or just made me feel happy enough to reciprocate. I smile at everyone I see unless I'm completely preoccupied or I'm absolutely certain that it will be misinterpreted by the recipient (I could give an example of this but then I'd have to relive it, and it was very unpleasant). I will continue to do so with the spirit that every little thing we do has the ability to profoundly affect our lives and the lives of those around us. I hope everyone who's reading this does the same. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

double :-D