Thursday, July 10, 2008

Some days just weren't meant to be good

Neither child napped today. That in and of itself is usually enough to constitute a bad day. But there was also the fit about what shirt to wear, the playing in the toilet (after using and before flushing...my personal favorite), and lots of general bratty behavior. On top of that, I couldn't find my racerback bra, forgot to do something that I really needed to, and sat in something sticky. Escaping to the park usually works on days such as this, but today I was greeted by the man who is getting a divorce because his wife decided she likes women. He was much too happy to see me and remembered all of our names. The words "Help me" scrolled pitifully across my brain. I was supposed to go dancing tonight which would have made all of this seem trivial, but my friend cancelled this morning. grrr. I realize that things could be a lot worse than this, but right now I'm just happy the day is almost over.

2 comments:

sliced tongue said...

See now, if you could just learn to fart Deep Purple songs, days like this would be improved immeasurably...

Hang in there (picture of cat hanging on a clothesline)

mom2two said...

swirlies in the toilet... even when it hasn't been peed in, is definite cause for hand amputation.. or at least a hard core scrubbing with bleach and a pumice stone.