Friday, December 21, 2007

In a fog

It was quite foggy here this morning, and I found that fitting considering my current state of mind. First of all, I'm exhausted from a week filled with 50+ hours of work, one birthday party, the mailing of 60 holiday cards, and the presentation of 10 gifts to teachers, not to mention all the preparation for the upcoming holidays. Second of all, the sudden death of a friend from high school left me shocked and sad. And lastly, the recent realization that racism in this country is active at a level I never imagined possible has left me feeling quite serious and reflective. As the fog slowly lifted, I became more committed than ever to living life on my own terms, striving for happiness, enjoying the moment, and making a difference. May tomorrow be a sunny day.

No comments: